New Adult, Contemporary Romance
District Ballet Company #2
Expected Publication: August 17th, 2015
Zed and ballet are my two greatest loves.
But a tragic accident ripped them from Aly's life six years ago and it took all her strength to get them back. She’s had a long road to recovery and has returned, dancing full-time for The District Ballet Company and carrying Zed’s child. But Aly is slipping. Each day becomes a fight to keep her career from crumbling under the weight of younger talent, the scrutiny of the public eye, and the limitations of her ever-changing body. A fight she fears she’s losing.
I’m scared Aly is broken to her core.
Zed recognizes signs, but he doesn’t know how to fix her. The accident left him with his own demons, and while he wants nothing more than to take care of Aly, it’s getting harder the further she spirals. When Aly’s life is threatened and Zed’s injuries prevent him from saving her, he’s never felt so useless, so afraid he is no longer capable of being the man Aly and their child needs.
With new life comes new hope. And with their fractured lives already hanging by a thread, Aly and Zed must discover if they have what it takes—both together and apart—to rebuild and carry on.
5 Songs from Finding Center’s Playlist (Guest Post)
Like many writers, I love to listen to music as I write. I don’t mind music with lyrics either, though I usually pick a song in another language to put on loop while I edit. Here are five songs from Finding Center’s playlist that helped me get into the mood for writing Zed and Aly!
1. STORM WARNING by Hunter Hayes – This reminded me a lot of Aly from Zed’s perspective. I think Aly doesn’t always know that she’s fun, and lively, and lovable. Zed doesn’t forget that, but sometimes he feels like he’s in a huge storm: thrilling and terrifying at the same time.
2. BLESS THE BROKEN ROAD by Rascal Flatts – this was my quiet song for Zed’s POV. If you know this song, I think it’s easy to understand why. No matter where these two were in the world, they were always going to find each other, and then find each other again, and again, as often as they need to.
3. PAST LIVES by Kesha – I love this song, way more than I thought I would. It was the song I listened to for when Aly was sad or struggling. She never doubts Zed, and this song reminds me of that. “I keep on falling for you, time after time, time after time, I’ll make you mine, time after…”
4. ALREADY HOME by A Great Big World – another gentle sweet song about love, after the happily ever after. After the we’re in love and this is what we want our lives to be. “I say, we’re right in the heart of it. A love only we understand. I will bend every light in this city and make sure they’re shining on you.”
5. MESS IS MINE by Vance Joy – I’m not saying that I’ve written Zed and Aly’s first dance to this song, but I’m not saying it’s not sitting on my hard drive. I love this song so much and it makes me cry. In a good way!
About the Author
Katherine Locke lives and writes in a very small town outside of Philadelphia, where she’s ruled by her feline overlords and her addiction to chai lattes. She writes about that which she cannot do: ballet, time travel, and magic. When she’s not writing, she’s probably tweeting. She not-so-secretly believes most stories are fairy tales in disguise. She can be found online at katherinelockebooks.com and on Twitter: @bibliogato.
a Rafflecopter giveaway