Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Review Of Mine Until Dawn (The Fitzgerald Family Series Book #2) By E. B. Walters

Mine Until Dawn (The Fitzgerald Family)
Mine Until Dawn (The Fitzgerald Family Series Book #2) By E. B. Walters


  • Format: Kindle Edition
  • File Size: 550 KB
  • Publisher: Firetrail Publishing (June 29, 2011)
  • Sold by: Amazon Digital Services
  • Language: English
  • ASIN: B0058WBO0U
  • Source: Amazon.Com (link to purchase HERE)
  • Purchase: Barnes And Noble (link to purchase HERE)
  • Age: Adult 18+

Blurb:

She's armed with a new attitude and a kick-ass wardrobe...

By age twenty-eight, art historian Jade Fitzgerald has had a marriage from hell and an equally nasty divorce, worked hard to control her weight and her arrhythmia. The last thing she needs is another man messing with her head or shooting her heartbeat off course. That is exactly what she gets when an aloof and mysterious stranger storms into her life.

He's cynical and doesn’t take crap from anyone...

Former investigative reporter Vince Knight is on a quest to recover a priceless, ancient Mayan artifact, which he believes Jade’s mother stole. He’s skilled at gathering information while remaining emotionally detached, until he meets Jade. The voluptuous woman stirs in him a hunger he hasn’t felt in a long time and a protectiveness he can’t explain.

Until, an insane man decides to add Jade to his collection of beautiful and rare things...

Neither Vince nor Jade expects passion to flare so fast or danger to dodge their footsteps. To defeat a ruthless art collector with a twisted agenda, Jade and Vince must learn to trust each other and embrace their growing feelings.

I finished Mine Until Dawn in a 24 hour period. I have never finished a 400 page book before in 1 day. That speaks to the incredible writing skills that Ms Walters has.   I started the book at around 11 PM Friday and I literally went to bed Saturday morning at 7 AM and got up at 11 AM and went right back to reading. I finished around 11 PM Saturday night. Jade and Vince had me transfixed to my computer reading. It was the best money and time I have ever spent with a book. Just when I think Ms. Walters can't surprise me she knocks me for a loop. I liked the fact that Jade gave as good as she got. I also enjoyed Vince's vulnerable side which he tries like hell to hide. They first meet at Jade's office were Vince ends up accusing (although in not so many words) Jade's mother of stealing something at a party she had gone to recently. Jade, like a devoted daughter, is outraged at what Vince has to say about her mother. As always, Ms. Walters throws us curve ball after curve ball to keep us on our toes. There is NEVER a dull moment in this book. I especially loved a particular scene involving Jade, her cousins Faith and Ashley (from Slow Burn), and Vince. I don't want to give it away because it is a very good scene but lets just say there is a very drunk Ashley and a very sexy Vince shedding his clothing. Jade and Vince are such a perfect couple that you start rooting for them from the very beginning. Every woman wants to prove to everyone else that they can handle anything that comes their way and every guy wants to prove that they don't need anyone or anything but with Jade and Vince you realize maybe just maybe it is just nice to be something to someone and to hell with everyone else. On a scale from 1-10 I give Mine Until Dawn 10. I really think I might like Mine Until Dawn better than Slow Burn and I really LOVED Slow Burn. I so can't wait for Kiss Me Crazy (The Fitzgerald Family Series Book #3). I am a fan of Ms. Walters for life whether it be her adult books or her YA books. Thank you for nurturing my LOVE of reading.

Link:

No comments:

Post a Comment