Monday, November 8, 2010

Review Of The Redhead Revealed By Alice Clayton

The Redhead Revealed (Redhead Series Book 2) By Alice Clayton


  • Paperback: 228 pages

  • Publisher: Omnific Publishing; 1ST edition (2010)

  • Language: English

  • ISBN-10: 1936305380

  • ISBN-13: 978-1936305384

  • Source: Amazon.Com (link to purchase HERE)

  • Purchase: Barnes And Noble (link to purchase HERE)


  • Blurb:

    As their careers catch fire, Grace and Jack -- everyone’s favorite foul-mouthed, funny, and feisty couple -- find themselves on opposite coasts. Grace has landed in New York City, where she loves being onstage again, particularly because she’s playing a fabulous character in a musical written by her old college flame, Michael. Their rekindled friendship makes exploring the city that much more fun.

    Wait, it’s just friendship, right?

    Meanwhile, in L.A., Jack can scarcely keep up with the swirling throngs of women who track him everywhere he goes, the endless press appearances, and the ridiculous rules his manager, Holly, keeps concocting for him -- all part of the buildup to the release of Time, his steamy new film.

    Thank goodness for phone sex.

    But even when their schedules allow them to connect, Grace and Jack must keep their relationship off the radar and away from paparazzi cameras. Sure, the sex is sensational, but can this duo survive swirling rumors, the demands of their chosen professions, Grace’s raging internal battles, and a whopping nine-year age difference?

    Tick-tock, the clock is ticking. Isn’t it?

    Alice Clayton brings the second installment of a tale told with her magical mix of humor and heat, so cuddle up under the sheets and flip on the Golden Girls. Grace and Jack are at it again.

    OMFG, Alice Clayton does it again with her second book in the Redheaded Series. The Redhead Revealed was everything I could have hoped for and much, much more. I almost thought it would be impossible to duplicate the magic that was The Unidentified Redhead (read my review HERE) but Miss Alice has caught lightning in a bottle once again with her latest installment. I never get tired of reading about Jack and Grace's schmaltzy kind of love. Their love to me is the very definition of the way love should be HOT, passionate, electric, and feeling like the first time every time they get together. This book showed us how Gracie and George dealt with having a long distance relationship. Jack being on the West Coast (Los Angeles) and Grace being on the East Coast (New York City). It also introduced a possible love triangle by introducing (in much greater detail than in the previous book) Michael O'Connell an old college love that turned bad for Grace. I must say I am a stone cold, die hard Jack Hamilton fan so this possible love triangle came up I was practically screaming a my *eReader. How could Grace let this happen? How could she throw away what she has/had with Jack? Since reading this book I can definitely see why Alice did what she did and, knowing how it all plays out in the end, I can say she was right in doing so. I really must bow down and thank Alice for bringing such wonderful and dynamic characters into my life. Not only is this book a HOT and SEXY read it is also funny. I love the nick names Alice has given her characters like Sweet Nuts and Nuts Girl. I think only Alice could pull it off that kind of name play. I also LOVED The Golden Girl name references (I was a big fan of the show and got my hubby to love it too). Gotta love a guy who is willing to text you using the name Stanley Zbornak....lol. In my opinion Alice has a winning series on her hands. Only Jack and Grace could fit together so perfectly from the get go crazy neurotic antics and all. On a scale of 1-10 I give this book a GINORMOUS 20. Miss Clayton took a fabulous first book and turned out a supremely delicious sequel with just the right amount of angst to fuel my need for more. I was also very happy to learn that there will indeed be a third book in this series. I so can not get enough of Jack and Grace. WHOO HOO to another book in this phenomenal series....^_^.

    *The Redhead Revealed was the virgin voyage of my eReader and what a way to break it in (maybe pun intended....lol).

    Link:
    http://www.aliceclayton.com/2010/09/readhead-revealed.html
    http://www.aliceclayton.com/

    No comments:

    Post a Comment