Thursday, September 9, 2010

Review Of Assassin's Honor By Monica Burns

Cover Image
Assassin's Honor by Monica Burns
Book 1 in The Order of the Sicari series
Paperback: 352 pages
Publisher: Penguin/Berkley Trade (June 1, 2010)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 0425234169
ISBN-13: 978-0425234167
Age: 18+ (in my opinion not Amazon's)


A woman with visions of the past…
Bonded to an honorable assassin…
Their dangerous passion will redeem an…
Assassin's Honor


Blurb:

A sexy new adventure-packed romance with a paranormal twist-from the award-winning author.

Archeologist Emma Zale sees the past when she touches relics. It's how she uncovered evidence of an ancient order of assassins-the Sicari. When a sinfully dark stranger shows up on her Chicago doorstep demanding an artifact she doesn't have, he drags her into a world where telekinesis and empaths-someone who can sense the emotions of others- are the norm. Now someone wants her dead, and her only hope of survival is an assassin who's every bit as dangerous to her body as he is to her heart.
Ares DeLuca comes from an ancient Roman bloodline of telekinetic assassins. A Sicari, he’s honor bound to kill only in the name of justice. But when the woman he loved was murdered, Ares broke the Sicari code and used his sword for revenge. Love cost him dearly once before, and he’s not willing to pay the price again. At least not until hot, sweet, delectable Emma walked into his life. Not only does she hold the key to a valuable Sicari relic, she might just hold the key to his heart.

The above was taken from Amazon.Com and MonicaBurns.Com

Link:

What a great concept Monica has for this story. Let me just say right off the bat I LOVED THIS STORY but I did have a little problem with it. First off some of the phrases in this story are Latin/Italian. I don't speak either and there wasn't enough of an explanation for them so I found myself today after I finished the book using Google to find an Italian to English translator to figure out some of the more commonly used Italian words/phrases in this book. Second I guess I got so used to reading stories in the first person perspective that going from that to third person was a bit irritating to me. With that said I am a sucker for a love story were couples find themselves drawn to each other from the start. Ares and Emma are such an explosively toxic (in the sense that crap ALWAYS seems to be happening to them) couple but at the same time they are addictive because you can see just how much they care about each other. Ares is a man driven by honor and Emma is driven by her need to over come certain obstacles in her life. This book also had lot of action and sword fights. Ares is truly a knight in shining armor. He Gives Emma his word he will keep her safe and he means what he said. His honor is everything to him just as Emma's independence is to her. If you want an action packed thrill ride of a story with lot's of sword fighting and stubborn romantic leads then this book is the one for you. On a scale of 1-10 I give this book a 9 because like a said before I really did love this book and only had a slight issue with the books third person perspective. Also book 2 in this series comes out on my birthday September 7th so I am very excited for Assassin's Heart to come out. I just found a Sicari Language Glossary on Monica's website that I so must have missed. Total blonde moment over here....lol. I have posted the link in case anyone would like to check it out for themselves.

Link to Sicari Language Glossry:

Link:

1 comment: